Beginning in 1950, the Korean War was a defining moment for the UN and the entirety of the early Cold War, widening the already monumental gulf between the east and west, capitalist and communist.
This supplement for Bolt Action expands the rules-set from its World War II roots to this new, and truly modern, conflict.
Bolt Action: Korea contains all the rules, Theatre Lists, scenarios, and new and exciting units, never seen in Bolt Action before, to wargame this turbulent period of world history. Source
News from the Front!
I had the opportunity to speak to Charlie Monaghan from Warlord at this year’s UK Games Expo and ask him some questions about this new era in war-gaming from Warlord. Here’s what he had to say:
- Players will be looking at modern white metal miniatures with the usual high standard of detail you can expect from Warlord miniatures.
- The book will be going to print soon with an expected release date in August.
- Initial nationalities covered will be Chinese, Korean, British as well as a MASH set.
- There are no plans for a boxed starter set but we can expect to see boxes of infantry at around £15 plus some command boxes
- Vehicles – players will be able to field iconic vehicles from the period including the Pershing and Patton tanks as well as helicopters!
- Warlord are continuing to build on their relationship with Sarissa Precision Ltd so we can expect to see some excellent scenery pieces coming our way.
- There will only be minor tweaks to the Bolt Action Second Edition rules for BA:Korea with the potential to expand into Vietnam if this range is successful.
That’s it from the Korean front for now – remember you heard it here first! I will leave you with some of the photos I was able to take of the Korean range at the UK Games Expo. Remember to keep up to date with the latest news from Tabletop Games UK.